Motion Planning Research Engineer
Senior Motion Planning Research Engineer: NuPort Robotics Inc.
is currently looking for a strong core motion planning and controls
engineer / researcher (full-time, part-time, contract based or
internship) to work with us. If anyone is interested or knows any
person who would be interested in working with us for deployment of
motion planning algorithms on an autonomous vehicle; it would be great
to connect. Please directly reach out to
email@example.com to further
Masters / PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or related field OR
relevant autonomous driving / robotics experience.
Experience with autonomous systems in one or more of the following
areas: planning under uncertainty, decision-making, tracking and
prediction, vehicle control systems, perception, localization,
estimation, and machine learning
Experience developing, working with, modifying, and creating
- Extensive experience working with autonomous driving systems.
- Large scale probabilistic planning and prediction.
- Advanced vehicle dynamics and control.
- Experience in ROS, C++ and / or python.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Hands-on experience with autonomous systems.
Be intellectually curious and have an unending desire to learn.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
Good to have skills:
- Robust software design for safety-critical systems.
Multi-modal sensor fusion for localization and dynamic object
Naturally enjoy testing of autonomous vehicles out in the wild.
- PhD + industry experience in autonomous driving.
Some Deep Learning experience and Tensorflow / Pytorch not required
but a plus.
Expected tasks from the candidate includes the following:
Field testing of algorithms in an autonomous vehicle (involves
driving, trusting your own software while being driven in the
- Developing Motion Planning algorithms in simulation.
Deployment and testing of motion planning / controls algorithms on
an autonomous vehicle.
Industrial grade software development adhering to best code /